Saturday, August 6, 2011

Return to the Beginning

Since I started this blog, nearly 3 years ago, I haven't voted for, believed in, nor put much energy into anything that came out of the US federal government. (I do support, listen to and challenge, when necessary, local and state governments.) I refuse to participate in something that is so profoundly broken. I didn't trust the whole '08 election frenzy of change and promise, sounded too much like false prophecy to me.

This entry isn't to pat myself on the back now that the economy is faltering and times are scary uncertain. I have no interest in saying I told you so. My desire is to state that I've found, and am still discovering, what I was looking for all those years ago.

I've learned what true allies and friends look like.

In short, know your community: when the recession deepens, when the depression gets at you, when you are wholly disillusioned, when your plans fail, when there seem to be no viable choices, when there are no options, when there is no way out, put away your pride and your quest for independance. Find the true community. True friends will give you work that satisfies, food that is filling and love that will quench your thirst.

Now you don't have to wait until rock bottom, although many will hold onto this dying system for as long as possible. Which is too bad, because the communities I'm describing are living now, partying now and are creating heaven on Earth for everyone they encounter. They are all around us; in every city and town and rural area.

There is no healing to be found anywhere else in this world or the next. My prayer is that you seek them out sooner rather than later and find the kind of freedom and liberation that is your birthright.

No comments: