Thursday, November 27, 2008

Devil in the Details

It's been a week since I left Akron, and here I am at Pendle Hill, a Quaker retreat center just outside of Philly. How did I get here? The days have sped past. I've journeyed some 70 miles so far with infinite support and love I hardly know where to begin. I'd love to share all the details, but not over such an impersonal medium as a blog. (The luddite in me shines through!) Ask me when we meet face to face and I'll tell you some tales. But I do want to thank all of you:

To Ronie, thanks for the conversation my first hour on the road.
To Christina and everyone at Market Street House, thanks for welcoming me in and rocking the joint with music.
To Tim and Jared, thanks for the warm party on a cold night.
To Steve, thanks for picking up a stranger hitchhiking and celebrating with me.
To Officer Abel, thanks for picking me up and dropping me off at The Church of the Good Samaritan.
To Pastor Carol, thanks for directing me to Daylesford Abbey.
To everyone at Daylesford Abbey, thanks for sharing your faith and making space for me.
To all of you who have contributed to this walk financially, thanks for giving me the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with the kindhearted folks at Pendle Hill.
To those who have given me clothes or food for the journey, thank you.
To everyone who has offered a kind or challenging word, thank you.
And thank God for literally opening the way before me.

I'm off to enjoy the community. I hope you all have a wonderful day of thanks. And if you don't have someone to celebrate with, go out and look for them, they are there waiting.

PS Please keep thinking about security and comfort. The world isn't as dire as we sometimes fear. I'm still listening as I walk, something is happening, I can't figure out what exactly, but I know all of us will have to work hard for it to be born.

In peace,
Curtis Villanueva Jantzi

No comments: